Beauty of Art and pictures for you
The Museum of Art History – Vienna (Austria)
Author: Manfred Werner – Tsui. Source: commons.wikimedia.org
The Museum of Art History Vienna (in German: Kunsthistorisches Museum) in Vienna, Austria is an art museum considered one of the world’s first ancient art museums.
The Museum of Art History opened its doors on October 17, 1891, under the reign of Emperor Franz Joseph to house the collections made over the centuries by the Habsburg House.
The Museum of Art History is located on the ring road, the Ring, in a building imitating the style of the Italian Renaissance begun in 1871 and completed in 1891.
The collections of the Museum of Art History, notably from the former Austrian imperial collections of the Habsburg dynasty, include works ranging from Egyptian and Greek antiquity to the 18th century in the field of decorative arts, and paint. [Wikipedia]
Author: Alexbartek . Source: commons.wikimedia.org
Author: C1815 . Source: commons.wikimedia.org
Author: Pe-sa . Source: commons.wikimedia.org
Author: Gryffindor . Source: commons.wikimedia.org
Author:Nicolas Vollmer . Source: flickr.com
The entire first floor is devoted to painting: the left wing is reserved for Flemish, Dutch and German schools; the right wing, at the Italian, Spanish and French schools.
On the second floor, the rooms of the annex gallery (Sekundärgalerie) bring together hundreds of Flemish, German and Italian works from the 16th and 17th centuries.
The Kunskammer was reopened in 2013, in a wing of the ground floor, after many years of work. It is made up of 2162 precious objects collected over the centuries by the Habsburgs: statuettes, treasures of the Holy Roman Empire, jewels, ivories, enamels, clocks, scientific instruments, curiosities … This art cabinet is one of the most important of the world in its kind. It preserves in 20 rooms and 2,700 m2 objects from the Middle Ages, Renaissance and Baroque, to the eclecticism of the nineteenth century. The most famous work is probably Cellini salt shaker, created in the sixteenth century for King Francis I of France. [Wikipedia]
Author of 14 photos: Tjflex2 (thanks Tif). Source: flickr.com